We offer full fidelity adolescent DBT for ages 12-18. This program involves weekly group skills training and individual therapy. The adolescent DBT group requires at least one parent to attend the group with the adolescent for the entirety of the program. The adolescent program runs for approximately 6 months.
The group consists of the following skills:
- Mindfulness (accepting the present moment without judgment)
- Distress tolerance (crisis survival skills)
- Interpersonal effectiveness (setting limits and asking for what you need in an effective manner)
- Walking the middle path (family communication skills, dialectics)
- Emotion Regulation (building positive experiences, treating vulnerabilities, tools to regulate strong emotions)